Monday, August 26, 2013

What I learned yesterday....

First off, I didn't realize when planning this post that the last post I wrote was also about deer.
 
Oh well. 
 
So, what I learned yesterday, while looking out of my home office window, is that
 
1.  Deer lick their netherparts just like dogs and cats.
~
2.  This particular doe and her fawn and beginning to feel way too comfortable in my yard,
munching on whatever turns their fancy.
 ~
 3.  My dog, much as I love him, is sometimes a little lacking
 in the sniffing and smelling department.
~
What I wonder is......are deer tongues slick and slippery like a dog's
or rough and dry like a cat's?  If these deer get any more comfortable in my yard,
I may just be able to walk up to them and find out!
 


6 comments:

  1. They are slick and slippery. By the way, you may live in the best back yard going, but the best front yard is Alberta (cheaper too) :-}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - nature lessons in your own back yard - who'da thought !

    btw - that place on my last post is Moraine Lake - about 15km from Lake Louise and in my mind at least tied with LL for most scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I have never seen the like of it! Never. I had about 20 that used to pass through my yard when I lived out in the country, but stay there like that? never seen the like of it before. Oh, and licking picture?! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm calling YOU the deer whisperer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never, never seen this in all my deer watching days. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deer are gorgeous. Tell us (and show us) more.

    ReplyDelete