Tuesday, September 29, 2009

5 little words.......

Our dear friend in blogger land, Holly, accepted a challenge yesterday and passed it on to me. I am to use 5 certain words to "weave" (her word) into a description of me. Also, if anyone else would like to participate, email me and I will send you some. I'm not quite sure how they pick them, so if I get any requests I will open my dictionary to a random page and let my fingers do the walking. (remember those old yellow pages commercials?)
Okay, enough bullpoop....These are my assigned words: urge, season, manifest, goof, and dualism.

URGE: Well, this is a biggie for me, I can't believe she picked it, it must've been preordained. Urges are something I have been battling for a long time. I am extremely impulsive, as I might have shared, when the thought or desire pops into my head, I want to do it like NOW! Only sometimes that's not a good thing. As much as I like y'all, I'm not quite ready to hang out all of my dirty laundry, but suffice it to say that the word urge translates to the biggest battle of my life.

Next on the list...SEASON: Well now, obviously we are in the change of seasons, which is looking really wierd this year, a lot of the trees are going from green to brown with no golden yellow inbetween. My knowledgeable now 17 year old tells me its because we had such hot weather, and then it turned cold so suddenly. Huh. Makes sense. But I'm thinking of season as in seasoning spices. How much seasoning to use? How do you please everyone? I like lots of garlic & onion (in fact I bought onion & garlic flavoured potato chips... haven't tried them yet. I also like ginger & cinnamon, not really one for nutmeg or cayenne pepper. Parsley and dill have their places, as do cloves & basil. Too much seasoning can drive people away from you...there's gotta be a life lesson in that. I'll let you figure it out.

MANIFEST: As in ship's manifest? I've never had the pleasure of being on one. It kind of sounds sinister....the only time I hear or read about it is in a mystery...as in there were two people on the ship's manifest who were not found after it sank. The ship that is. Not the manifest. Hmm....this exercise is great for babbling on and on. I could get into this. Ideas just seem to manifest themselves in my mind. Manifest. When you say it over & over it takes on a different meaning....like mania at a feast. Manifest. Or men at a feast. Maybe there can be manic women at a feast who manifest up some men. Did I even use that right?

GOOF: Okay, stop goofing off! I'm starting to feel goofy. Aw, I'm such a goof. Oops, I goofed. Hey Dagmar, when my mom says Trevor is a "mop" does she mean he's a goof? Goofy, goofier, goofiest. The glue was gooey because of their goofing off with the guavas. What else can I say? I'm never goofy!!

Okay, last one...DUALISM: Sheesh Holly, what in god's name can I write about dualism? Whaddya think I am, a literary genious?? Or a master of philosophy? :) Dualism..it would be easier without the ism at the end.
du·al·ism (d-lzm, dy-)n.
1. The condition of being double; duality.
2. Philosophy The view that the world consists of or is explicable as two fundamental entities, such as mind and matter.
3. Psychology The view that the mind and body function separately, without interchange.
4. Theology
a. The concept that the world is ruled by the antagonistic forces of good and evil.
b. The concept that humans have two basic natures, the physical and the spiritual.
Okay, as I read that, I guess I would go with 2 and 4b. They make the most sense anyways. It really is a concept that may require further study.

But, one thing I do know, I have a dual personality, being a gemini that's inevitable. And on that note, enjoy your coffee or tea, and your day!

5 comments:

  1. Intersting. I'm not sure I'm ready for this challenge--maybe one of these days.

    I like your look at words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great responses to a challenging challenge Joyce! I enjoyed seeing how your mind wove these into something meaningful about you... interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post; humor combined with reflection. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating challenge and interesting posts. VERY nice!

    ReplyDelete